Understanding Search Engine Optimization Before Your Business Get’s ScammedTo be successful with Search Engine Optimization, you need to understand several basic rules and 3 precurssors before you implement a SEO campaign or strategy.
The required components to setup your online marketing sales strategy.
1) Was your website blueprinted (wire framed) for the purpose of:
sales/ leads / or AD clicksThere are 3 types of revenue generating websites:
E Commerce Sales
If your website was not designed for a specific marketing purpose, then it would have been designed for one of the following purposes:
- Brochure – a basic presence
- Template websites where you can not alter the code
- Flash websites
- Cookie cutter websites that gives you just a few pages.
To be successful with SEO, you must have a professionally designed website that was blueprinted around a specific type of sales strategy incorporating the funnel directly into the site. Your website should also be used to compliment your sales team and shorten the sales cycle providing customers with valuable information to help them make a purchase.
Many SEO’s, marketing agencies and consultants provide useful services for website owners, including:
- Review of your site content or structure
- Content development
- Management of online business development campaigns
- Keyword research
- SEO training
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies.
Make sure to research the potential advantages as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site.
2) Analtyics tracking business essential metrics
There are many website and social media analytic tools such as Kiss metrics, Ominture, and Google Analytcis. Funnel Science recommends Google analytics for 90% of businesses.
This is really simple concept that most people did not know was available. You need to have your analytics setup to track and report these user actions:
- Click Through Rate (CTR)
- Bounce Rate (how quickly someone lands on your website and then leaves)
- Time on page/site
- Average number of page views and steps into the goal/sales funnel.
- Abandonment rate
- Conversion rate
And you must track these specific SEO performance metrics
- Traffic sources that are producing sales / leads
- Traffic sources that are not producing sales /leads
- Keywords that are producing sales / leads
- Keywords that are not producing sales / leads
For a business the above information is the most important reports that have a direct correlation to increasing sales. Reports on other variables are significantly less important.
3) A/b Testing | Multi-variate testing is crucial
Testing your website and traffic to increase conversions is the most important thing you can do to increase sales and achieve your business goals.
Call Funnel Science for a demonstrationHigh Quality Traffic- can be extremely difficult to generate and requires a substantial amount of Manuel work. There are a lot of SEO tools that create the illusion that for $50-$350 they can have thousands of visitors to your site Here is a short list of SEO things that you should not do or pay for:
- Do not pay for link building services, they do not yield real results. The search engines understanding link spamming and link farming and have technology to detect when you are employing it.
- Do not pay for traffic generation tools There is no way to cheat traffic or real humans. These types of tools will show you a great deal of visitors to your website but then you will have 0 conversions to show for it.
- Perfect website Code
- Social media integration catered to your specific clientele
- Video with SEO integration
- Publicity with events, association meetings, milestones and other forms of public relations.
You can read more about what Google says about SEO in Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter GuideEverything should begin with a Online Marketing plan that dictates the strategy and tools to accomplish everything above. If you do not have each of the 4 pieces above integrated into your online marketing campaign, you will most likely fail and feel like SEO is a SCAM.